Tuesday, May 29, 2012

POWW 90

Happy POWW! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  We had a good one, despite the hot hot weather!  Sunday we had some new friends over and had a BLAST!  You know how when you are married, and you have kids, and you invite families over and you feel like it's a first date?  You wonder if you will all get along, if the kids will get along, if the conversation will flow.... Well I can tell you that it was a very successful first date.  We all had so much fun, there was never a lull in the conversation, and we are looking forward to getting together again.

Monday Sarah and I had planned to set up our space at the Stylish Patina Barn, but it wasn't quite ready for us.  So instead, I worked on some furniture projects, and this little gal came outside as well.  She told me, "I am making my own chalk paint by mixing water with chalk!"  I have no idea where she gets such ideas....  And yes, of course she is wearing a princess dress up.  Naturally.  Duh.  That is how we roll...... always fancy.



Chris had to pick up a giant limb that fell during the huge storms Sunday night.  When I went for my walk I saw a neighbor lost a tree, so I had texted Chris a picture and said "Just be glad this isn't our lawn!"  What a mess!

Anyhow, as you may have noticed my blog got a redesign yesterday.  The amazingly talented Gwen has started a web design business called This Bold Girl, and she totally nailed it with my blog- the look I wanted, the features I wanted... everything.  I love it!

And guess what?  The redesign has so much to do with the makeover I am about to share with you.

I knew Gwen was looking for a sideboard for her dining room.  She was planning to come visit me, so I asked her what she was looking for as I was happy to find her the right piece.  She told me, and I sent her a picture of this green one I did last year that hadn't sold.


I happened to love it, but maybe the green was too bold for people.  The dimensions and style were PERFECT for Gwen's dining room; but the color was not!  She sent me pictures of her dining room and I suggested we go with Wedgewood Gray by Benjamin Moore.  She wanted to pay me for it, but I knew she was working on starting her business so I asked her if we could trade instead.  And, that, my friends, is how Gwen got her new sideboard, and I got my new blog design. :)  Oh, and of course you want to see the sideboard, right?  I forgot to take pics before it went home with her, so I am borrowing these from Gwen.


And we gave it the swan knobs I love so much!


Now let's see what you have been up to?


RULES:
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower to party here.
4. No etsy shops or the like!5. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
6. Leave others some comment love!


Photobucket

45 comments:

Courtney said...

The sideboard looks great in Gwen's home...I did love the green too!! What an awesome way to do business!!
Where do you keep an item like that, that hasn't sold? (out of curiosity!!)

uniquelyyoursormine said...

I like the grey color better... But I love the knobs! Super awesome sideboard, lucky friend! - Susan

Melissa said...

I just found your blog today and love it, I'm a new follower! Thank you for hosting the party too!

Melissa

René said...

I love wedgewood gray! Glad the storm wasn't any worse, yikes! LOVE the new blog look a lot!

pam {simple details} said...

Your new header is PERFECT, it couldn't look more like you! The buffet is just as beautiful!

A place 2 call home said...

Love your new header! It looks great, and is so much more u and ur style. Love it! Hope u had a good mdw! Xoxo

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

I love the sideboard in grey with Gwen's yellow walls!

Allison@FabRehab said...

It never ceases to amaze me how paint can chance something that was originally bland to funky and fun and then to classic and sophisticated. Love the new look of the sideboard!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Beautiful sideboard makeover! It's perfect in this space.

Andrea said...

Wedgewood Gray is one of my favorites. The sideboard looks fantastic and what a great idea to trade!

Jenna said...

Your new blog design is fantastic, Cassie! Gwen did a great job!

Maury Kilgo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look! The colors are great and the header is so perfect for you. Gwen did an awesome job!

DecorandtheDog said...

Loving the blog's new clothing!! It's very you!

Anne said...

Love that sideboard! thanks for hosting & have a fabulous week!

The Bold Abode said...

Oooo...you know I love it! I go in and hug on it every morning so it knows how much...hahaha...just kidding. But I do caress it when I walk by...

Thank you so much again for allowing me to re-do your blog! The sideboard is a constant reminder of your amazing friendship! I'm thrilled at how it all worked out so incredibly well!!!

Drama Mama Lori said...

Cassie, love that sideboard and your new blog look!! Thanks for hosting!! ~L

Cathy Wall said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new blog design! And the fact that you two traded services, priceless! I have done that myself and it's always a winning way of doing business, kudos to you both.

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

What a great trade! I love the new blog design, Cassie! Gwen did a great job and the sideboard looks amazing - love the knobs, too! It looks perfect in her dining room. I would love a piece like that in my dining room - on the hunt for one.

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

What a great trade! I love the new blog design, Cassie! Gwen did a great job and the sideboard looks amazing - love the knobs, too! It looks perfect in her dining room. I would love a piece like that in my dining room - on the hunt for one.

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Green or gray it's still a great piece! And your knew blog look is beautiful!

Korrie Bastian said...

What a great trade! Can't decide which one of you got the better end of the deal ;-) That's the way it should be!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So glad that sweet sideboard found a happy and loving home with Gwen!

Upscale Downhome said...

Swan knobs...swoon!

lily field furniture said...

LOVE the new blog look Cassie!!

kathy {opposite of grey} said...

Your new blog design looks great! I LOVE that sideboard in grey!! It looks really nice in her dining room. Love orange and grey together!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Your blog looks awesome girl! LOVE it! Love those swam knobs too - looks so pretty in her room!

suzyq said...

Thanks so much for hosting - the sideboard is beautiful either way - amazing it never sold!
Hugs,
Suzan

Kara said...

looks like you both got a pretty good deal out of the trade!

Heather @ The JUNKtion said...

love the sideboard, love the knobs, love the blog design, love your work!!! :)

Sarah @ Imperfect Patina said...

I love the new blog design!! Thanks for hosting!

Jessamie Vincent said...

LOVE THE FACE LIFT!!! The blog looks so good!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Awesome new blog, friend! I think it looks super stylish, just like you! :)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

So, since I'm calling it a bed I'm calling it furniture, which means I linked it up. :) Thanks so much for hosting!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Ahhh, the swan knobs are perfect!

Meg and Mum's said...

That sideboard is gorgeous Cassie! I liked the green but I love the grey :)

Ali Richardson said...

Awesome!! SUch a versatile piece. I loved the green, but also love the gray. Yay for trades :)
xo

Good Time Charlie said...

Love those knobs. My weekend's projects are not ready for their debut yet! Looks like I have some other good things to look at though!

Rita said...

Yep you were right! LOVE IT and that gray is perfect! that is really a WIN WIN!

Allison said...

Love your new blog design and love the sideboard! It looks great in both colors! That gray really suits Gwen's house. Fun fun knobs! Emmy is so cute mixing her chalk paint.

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I love your stylish new blog header, Cassie! That buffet looks perfect in your friend's dining room.

Christine @ Park House Love said...

Love the sideboard and those knobs are to die for...what a great little detail! Also, your new blog design looks fantastic :)

Decorating Insanity said...

Hey Cassie, Thanks again for hosting. Your new blog looks great! Let me know if you would like to guest post sometime. I'd love to have you.
xoxo....mONICa

Bella said...

Your new design is AWESOME!! Then again I expect no less from our girl Gwen :) The header is fab too it suits you to a T

DEANNE MORSE said...

OMG, I AM SOOOO SORRY, I WAS TRYING TO DO TOO MANY THINGS AT ONCE AND POSTED THE WRONG THING TO YOUR LINK PARTY. I KNOW IT'LL MAKE EXTRA WORK FOR YOU, BUT IT REALLY WAS AN ACCIDENT AND I REALLY AM SORRY.

Good Time Charlie said...

I am so, so late, but better late than never!